Tuesday 17 July 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Today i thought I'd give you a sneak peak of my room. Recently  I have been doing up my bedroom now that I'm living back in cheshire. the room was dark and dingy and was crying out for a facelift. With a little T.L.C ( tender love and car) this room could be  given a new lease of life. I am i great believer in shabby chic and antique decor. I love clashing the dark woods with the light, bright white wash paint.




 I get my inspiration from Country Living and Elle Decoration. I love country chic and these really influence my choices. I'm certainly not work shy either. My side tables which are farm house kitchen chairs were off eBay for just £20 (I bought 3 chairs yet to refurbish the final one) . When I first bought them they were dark, messy and in dire need to some refurbish; after sanding and a lick of paint they were as good as new. The perfect bed side table at a purse friendly price!



 This cute bunting that i've used as a bed runner was pick up in sainsburys for just £3! What a bargain!


For this perfect country feel I chose Cath Kidston wallpaper and fabrics to furnish my room. The wallpaper is so fresh and has totally brightened up the room, absolutely gorgeous. 



I also like to collect old nicknacks and trinkets. The box was originally a tea box that was used to keep different types of loose tea in, i now use this as a jewellery box and keep my favourite fashion pieces in it. The suitcase was my granddads, he called it his 'London Bag' as it was what he used to go on business to London. Now I've given it a new function and a proud place in my room!


 The Round table in the corner of the room and this mirror were also eBay finds at a good price too, much cheaper than an antique store or warehouse!





My room in now the perfect little place to blog away!



Have you had any D.I.Y projects recently? What would your dream room be like?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...